Sunday, May 4, 2014

Pictures, Emma Stone, and Love (alternate title: I don't know what the heck I'm writing about)

I don't like taking pictures. I hate being the subject of a picture. I'm the girl who stiffens up and gets awkward when she gets photographed. When I see something beautiful and/ or strange, my first instinct isn't to take a picture of it. I just gape open-mouthed at said object of beauty.

And if you know me well (and I doubt you do. Heck, even I don't know myself well!), I'm going to analyze the crap out of this fault of mine.

So behold, dear readers:
Why I hate being photographed and why I hate photographing stuff:

Why I hate being photographed
1. I'm deeply insecure about my looks. There, I said it.
That's the only reason, really.

And about my next pet peeve:

Why I hate photographing stuff:
1. I don't see the need of taking pictures when I know that I won't peruse them later anyway.
2. A picture is just a two dimensional representation, and I'd rather feel the experience, smell it, breathe it in, look for tiny irrelevant details and mull over it than waste time in snapping a picture of it.

I hate it when I stop writing halfway, but I think this guy explains what I want to say quite well. But please don't go to his Wikipedia page, he is a little cuckoo. But who isn't?


But please do take pictures if you have a Fujifilm Finepix S200EXR camera and your name is Vyacheslav Mishchenko. 
Presenting, adorable snails!

And now that I'm on a link sharing spree, I have got to share this video too.




And another (somebody stop me!)



Quite the sucker for love, I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment