Friday, July 26, 2013

I don't know why I'm writing about Domestic Abuse

I woke up today, thinking of Nigella Lawson. See, when I woke up, I was hungry (for food!) and feeling anxious. How I wished to hear her voice, whispering food nothings to me so that it would calm me down. I love watching her show, listening to her soothing voice. Ah, her voice. It sure would zenify me during one of my panic attacks.

She has it all, doesn't she? Stuff men pine for. She's voluptuous, confident, beautiful (with make up on, she may not look beautiful without that lipstick and teased hair. I'm not jealous (er, maybe a little). Just being honest), loves to cook and can cook, intelligent and has an angelic voice. She's everything a man would want in a woman. And yet her husband wants to divorce her after news of his domestic abuse broke out. (stale news, I know, it happened ages ago. But I wasn't anxious and hungry when I woke up on the day of the divorce announcement)

Domestic abuse seems to know no discrimination. And it's not just women who are victims. Men are, too. What is it that makes perpetrators of domestic violence abuse their loved ones? Many claim that they were victims of abuse themselves. I have no insight over this. I don't even know why I'm talking about abuse.

So, thou shalt go click happy. Here are some links, everyone! Click here, here and here (I'll link to an article later, promise)

Happy clicking, bitches! (I'm calling you so only because I sort of like you for reading the crap I've written. If you don't like it, please inform me. That's a hint, you *insert expletive here*, to comment)

No comments:

Post a Comment